Fritters are simply small portions of yummy batter that are deep-fried. This one's especially tasty 'cause it's overflowing with the flavor of sweet apples.
Makes: 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 to 5 apples, peeled, cored, and cut in 1/4-inch-thick round slices
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, milk, and egg; mix well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Dip apple slices into batter, one at a time, then place in oil.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Carefully dip hot fritters in sugar, coating completely. Serve immediately.
- If the batter becomes too thick, be sure to add a tablespoon or two of milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve these up with our incredible Spiced Caramel Apple Cider and be prepared for utter joy!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Desserts/Apple-Fritters#VlAXk8bPU1GHDcp3.99