Caramel Pear Cake
It's so much easier today to get the tastes of old-fashioned homemade cakes without all the old-fashioned fuss. Start with a spice cake mix, add fresh pears, caramel topping and mmmm... Is that old-fashioned enough?
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
- 2 fresh pears, pared, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour into prepared baking dish. Arrange sliced pears in 2 rows on top of cake batter.
- Bake 32 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, water, and butter to make caramel glaze. Spoon glaze over cake and sprinkle with walnuts. Let cool completely.
- If you'd like to vary the taste of the cake a bit, use pecans instead of walnuts for a Louisiana praline touch!
- We bet you'll also love our Spice Bars -- easy to make but they'll take you back in time!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Caramel-Pear-Cake-3092#PqweA0mFVte5EkXw.99