Chocolate Cola Cake
Got the baking bug? Cure it with this easy "from scratch" recipe for chocolate cake with a secret ingredient! Okay, we'll let the secret out. It's one of the world's most popular soft drink flavors. Try our Chocolate Cola Cake for guaranteed raves!
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4-serving-size) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups cola, divided (See Notes)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil until blended. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups cola. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes; pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, and remaining cola; cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla, then the pecans.
- Spread warm frosting over top of warm cake; cool completely on a wire rack.
- This cake is also great made with cherry-flavored cola!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Chocolate-Cola-Cake#lfFyERFVksH0bGOK.99