Four-Layer Pecan Pie
Even our Test Kitchen team can't figure out how the layers of our Four-Layer Pecan Pie magically come together...but they do...and the result is a contrast of creamy filling, crunchy pecans, and a flaky refrigerated pie crust.
Chilling Time: 4 hr
Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 egg. Beat at low speed until smooth; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add remaining sugar, the corn syrup, and remaining vanilla; mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in pie crust. Sprinkle with pecans and slowly pour corn syrup mixture over pecans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool, then refrigerate 4 hours or until ready to serve.
- If necessary, cover edge of pie crust with foil to prevent excessive browning after 25 minutes.
- If you like, you can top each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Need some more ideas for the big day? Click here for a load of Thanksgiving recipes!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pie/Four-Layer-Pecan-Pie#sB4LOsXf5xU4mYss.99