Dress up your bread basket this Thanksgiving with these extra special Old-Fashioned Cranberry Scones. They're super easy to make and bake up in only 20 minutes!
Makes: 8 scones
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons stick butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, baking soda, salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cream of tartar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cranberries and orange rind, tossing well. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Sprinkle remaining flour evenly over work surface. Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead 4 or 5 times. Divide dough into 2 portions. Pat each portion into a 5-inch circle on prepared baking sheet . Cut each circle into 4 wedges, cutting to, but not through, bottom of dough. Sprinkle each circle evenly with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Nothing like the smell of biscuits baking in the oven! We suggest you add our Savory Olive and Rosemary Scones to your holiday bread basket!
- Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Bread/Old-Fashioned-Cranberry-Scones#m6v2KI8Dju4dd0UI.99