What You'll Need:
- 1 cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoonblack pepper
- 1 cupvegetable oil
- 1large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place onion rings in flour, coat well, then carefully place in hot oil.
- Fry onions 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, and serve immediately.
- These Onion Strings are yummy as is, but you can sprinkle them with salt before serving, if you'd like.
- Use these to fancy up ajuicy steak, top off achef's salad(instead of croutons), or however else you like!