What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespooncanola or vegetable oil
- 1 (3-pound)center-cut single pork loin, trimmed
- 8 ouncesfresh mushrooms, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoonsminced garlic
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce)can condensed chicken broth
- 3/4cupMarsala wine
- 1tomato, chopped
- 1/2teaspoondried thyme
- 2 tablespoonscornstarch
Make a Healthy Breakfast Burrito
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add pork and brown on all sides; discard excess liquid.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are tender. Stir in chicken broth, wine, tomato, and thyme; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 30 to 35 minutes, or until pork juices run clear. Remove pork to a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; mix until smooth. Add to sauce, stirring until thickened and well combined.
- Slice pork into 1/4-inch slices and place on a serving platter. Pour sauce over slices before serving.
- Marsala wine is readily available, but if you want you could use your favorite type of wine (except sweet) instead.
- Since you won't want to waste a drop of this yummy sauce, serve withmashed potatoesso you get every last bit!
- Want even more tasty porkrecipes? Then check out our free eCookbook,Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.