Pork with Apples & Bacon
You'll be slow cookin' up a storm when you make our Pork with Apples & Bacon tonight. This hot and hearty dish has the right amount of sweetness with a touch of saltiness that we know you're gonna love!
Cooking Time: 6 hr 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (3-pound) pork butt or pork shoulder
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside. Add pork to hot drippings and cook about 7 minutes, turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
- Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine crumbled bacon, onions, apples, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in slow cooker; place pork on top of mixture. Pour broth and vinegar over pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 6 to 8 hours, or until pork is tender.
- Our Cranberry Pork Roast is another great recipe for your slow cooker! Give it a try!
- Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Slow-Cooker-Recipes/Pork-with-Apples-and-Bacon#ZubYPHAZGLLZMXTe.99