Southern Slow Cooker Stuffing
No need to worry about lack of oven space this Thanksgiving. Our Southern Slow Cooker Stuffing allows you to free up some room without sacrificing taste, all with the help of your slow cooker. Just mix, pour, and set and your side dish is ready to go!
Cooking Time: 2 hr
What You'll Need:
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) corn bread or 6 corn bread muffins, crumbled
- 8 slices day-old bread, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into chunks
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine soup, broth, eggs, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in corn bread and day-old bread and pour into slow cooker. Place butter on top and cover.
- Cook on high 2 hours or on low 4 hours, or until firm and browned around edges.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Slow-Cooker-Recipes/Southern-Slow-Cooker-Stuffing#BizX40c4xlYai36j.99