What You'll Need:
- 1 (2-ounce) piece salt pork, (see note)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 12 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut in half
- 2 teaspoons salt
Learn about the New AMEX Everyday Card
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine salt pork, green beans, and pepperwith enough water to cover. Place potatoes on top and sprinkle with salt.Cover loosely and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes and beans are tender.Serve in bowls with broth.
- Three slices of raw bacon will work just as well as salt pork.
- In the South, they call the broth "pot liquor" and serve it with plenty of cornbread for dunking. Here's one of our yummycornbreadrecipes for you to try!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Steamin-Taters-n-Beans-782#YsJiKymyqF5IIczC.99