Very Ritzy Italian Chicken
Very Ritzy Italian Chicken is fancy enough for company, but easy enough to add excitement to any weeknight meal. Our creamy-cheesy topping for chicken breasts taste luxurious.
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package spinach fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, place bread crumbs. In another shallow dish, beat egg.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Dip chicken into egg, then into bread crumbs, coating completely. Saute chicken 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning occasionally. Top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese and continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix together heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, red pepper, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until mixture is hot and thickened. Serve chicken and sauce over warm fettuccine.
- How about finishing off this elegant meal with an equally elegant dessert? We suggest you serve up our beautiful Tiramisu for loads of raves!