Fire department: Fire at AM General caused about $150K in damage
We are told workers at the AM General H1 plant in St. Joseph County were evacuated after a fire broke out
This happened Thursday morning around 8:30.
Officials say the fire started in the duct work of a test room.
It quickly spread to the ceiling.
Fortunately, sprinklers got it under control within minutes.
Fire crews put out the remaining hot spots.
Penn Township Fire officials say the initial cause looks to be some type of build-up in the duct system.
Flames damaged the duct work, ceiling, a humvee and part of a control room.
Repairs could cost up to $200,000.
Most employees were able to go back to work.