MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

UPDATE: Families suing Niles hotel after 13-year-old dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

Police were investigating the hotel after the carbon monoxide leak. // WSBT 22 photo

New developments were announced in a deadly case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

A lawsuit was filed Friday in Bryan Douglas-Watts's death. The 13-year-old died in early April at the Niles Quality Inn.

The lawsuit names the boy, along with five others who were poisoned but survived.

The families are suing the hotel, the owner, and franchise owner.

They argue the owner's were negligent for not having a carbon monoxide detector.

They also argue the owner's failed to act after previous alleged concerns of air quality.

The families are asking for at least $75,000.

Trending