I Love to Read Rules 2019
WSBT / I LOVE TO READ 2019
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: WSBT / I Love to Read 2019
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WSBT
Station Address: WSBT, 1301 East Douglas Road, Mishawaka, IN 46545
Contest Area: Indiana Counties: Starke, St. Joseph, Elkhart, Lagrange, Marshall, Pulaski, Kosciusko, and Fulton; and Michigan Counties: Cass and Berrien
Age of Eligibility: Participating Schools must be located in the Contest Area. Participants must be students enrolled in Kindergarten–Sixth (6th) Grade at any public, private, charter or home school within the Contest Area.
Sponsor(s): St. Joseph County Public Library
Prize Provider(s): WSBT, St. Joseph County Public Library
Contest Period: January 18, 2019 to March 8, 2019
Classroom Registrations Due: 11:59 PM EST on January 25, 2019
Entries Due: 11:59 PM EST on March 6, 2019
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per student/classroom/school.
Winner Determination Date: March 6, 2019
Drawing Date (for Top School Winner Only): March 8, 2019
Number of Winners on each Winner Determination Date:
Seven (7) Individual Winners, and Three (3) Classroom Winners
Number of Winners on each Drawing Date: One (1) Top School Winner
Total Number of Winners for the Contest Period: Seven (7) Individual Winners; Three (3) Classroom Winners; One (1) Top School Winner
Prize(s) and Value(s):
INDIVIDUAL WINNER PRIZE: One (1) student from each Kindergarten through 6th grade level who read the most minutes will each win Fifty Dollars ($50.) in the form of a check from the St. Joseph County Public Library and WSBT. Prize Value is $50.
TOP THREE CLASSROOMS PRIZE: Three (3) classrooms with the highest reading average will each win Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.) in the form of a check made from the St. Joseph County Public Library and WSBT. Prize Value is $250.
TOP SCHOOL WINNER PRIZE: One (1) school will receive Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.) in the form of a check made payable to the school/organization.
Station’s Website: https://wsbt.com/community/i-love-to-read
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://wsbt.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1.To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
2.Participating schools must be located in the Contest Area. Participants must be students enrolled in Kindergarten to Sixth (6th) Grade at any public, private, charter or home school within the Contest Area.
3. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
How to Enter
1. From January 18, 2019 to 11:59 PM EST on January 25, 2019, teachers of eligible schools, grades Kindergarten through 6, can log onto the Station’s Website to register the students in their classroom to participate in a reading challenge. (No mail in or fax registration!)
2. All forms (reading calendar log, letter to parents) required for the reading challenge will be available to be downloaded, copied, and distributed from the Station’s Website.
3.Participating schools which have at least fifty percent (50%) of their total classes, Kindergarten through Sixth (6th) grade participating will be automatically entered to win a “Top School Prize”.
Student Reading Participation
1.Eligible students will be challenged to read from February 1, 2019 to February 28, 2019, and turn in his/her reading log to his/her teacher.
2.ONLY EXTRACURRICULAR (NON-TEXT, NON-ASSIGNED) READING can be counted toward the reading challenge goals. PARTICIPATING STUDENTS CAN ONLY COUNT ONE HOUR OF IN-CLASSROOM READING PER SCHOOL DAY. Students may log up to 30 minutes per school day during “Drop Everything and Read” or “Sustained Silent Reading” times during the school day if it is not assigned reading materials. Students may log an additional thirty (30) minutes per school day for time teachers, celebrity/guest readers spend reading to the students as long as they are reading non-text book materials.
Time spent by students outside of the classroom is unlimited.
Students may log time spent reading during school, but outside of the classroom (recess, before or after school, etc.)
Any time parents, caregivers, older siblings, or guardians spend reading non-text book material to
participating students may be logged.
Any time students spend reading non-text book material to other children or adults may be logged.
3.Reading logs must be completed, signed by a parent or legal guardian, and turned into the eligible teacher by March 2, 2019.
4.Reading logs must be calculated and submitted by the teachers on the Station’s Website no later than 11:59 PM EST on March 6, 2019. By submitting the calculations, teachers hereby represent and warrant that such calculations are true and accurate. The results are subject the Station’s final determination.
How to Win
INDIVIDUAL WINNERS: Based on the Calendar Log Sheets submitted, the student who read the most minutes at each grade level (K-6). In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
TOP THREE CLASSROOMS WINNERS: Based on the Calendar Log Sheets submitted, the three (3) classrooms with the highest reading average. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
TOP SCHOOL WINNER: The Number of Winners on each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received.
Each student that participates in the Contest will receive, by USPS, a Certificate of Achievement from the Station.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries, including any required submission, received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including any required submission, become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner or principal of the winning school must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, which shall be determined in the same manner as the disqualified winner. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per student and school if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.