I Love To Read 2018 Rules
WSBT / I LOVE TO READ 2018
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: WSBT / I Love to Read 2018
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WSBT
Station Address: WSBT, 1301 East Douglas Road, Mishawaka, IN 46545
Contest Area: Indiana Counties: Starke, St. Joseph, Elkhart, Lagrange, Marshall, Pulaski, Kosciusko, and Fulton; and Michigan Counties: Cass and Berrien.
Age of Eligibility: all ages; Participating Schools must be located in the WSBT-TV contest area.
Sponsor(s): St. Joseph County Public Library & Better World Books
Prize Provider(s): WSBT, St. Joseph County Public Library, and Better World Books
Contest Period: February 1, 2018 to February 28, 2018
Entries Due: March 3, 2018
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant.
Winner Selection Date(s): March 9, 2018
Number of Winners on each Winner Selection Date(s):
Seven (7) Individual Winners
Three (3) Classroom Winners
One (1) Top School Winner
Three (3) Better World Books Winners
Total Number of Winners for the Contest Period: Fourteen (14)
Prize(s) and Value(s):
INDIVIDUAL WINNERS AT EACH GRADE LEVEL
One (1) student at each grade level (K-6) will win Fifty Dollars ($50.) in the form of a check from the St. Joseph County Public Library and WSBT. The prize is awarded to the student who read the most minutes. Due to the vast number of participants, we cannot allow repeat winners.
TOP THREE CLASSROOMS
The three (3) classrooms with the highest reading average will each win Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.) in the form of a check from the St. Joseph County Public Library and WSBT. Due to the vast number of participants, we cannot allow repeat winners.
TOP SCHOOL WINNER
Each school that registers for I Love to Read is eligible for a random drawing for Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.) in the form of a check. To be eligible to be entered in the drawing, the school must have 50% of their total classes, K-6 grade participating. Only those schools with 50% of their classes will be entered into the drawing.
BETTER WORLD BOOKS AWARD
The top three (3) schools with the most minutes read will win books from Better World Books. The prizes are as follows:
Top School - 3,500 books
2nd Place School - 3,500 books
3rd place School - 3,500 books
Station’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WSBTNews
Station’s Website: www.wsbt.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://wsbt.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1.To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2.Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
How to Enter and Win
To enter, log onto the Station’s website to complete an online entry form with your name, address, telephone number, birthdate, email address, and click “Submit.” No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
The “I Love to Read Challenge” runs from February 1, 2018 through February 28, 2018.
Teachers of grades K – 6 are eligible to participate by registering the students in their classroom. Schools must be located in the WSBT-TV contest area.
Registration will be accepted on-line at www.wsbt.com until January 26, 2018. (No mail in or fax registration!)
All forms required for the challenge will be available to be downloaded, copied, and distributed from our web site at www.wsbt.com. In addition to these rules, other documents include:
Calendar Log – to be used by students and parents to record minutes read daily.
Letter to parents – for teachers to copy and send home with their students.
Because this is a program designed to encourage a love for reading beyond the classroom, ONLY EXTRACURRICULAR (NON-TEXT, NON-ASSIGNED) READING can be counted toward the challenge goals.
CHILDREN CAN ONLY COUNT ONE HOUR OF IN-CLASSROOM READING PER SCHOOL DAY.
Students may log up to 30 minutes per school day during “Drop Everything and Read” or “Sustained Silent Reading” if it is not assigned reading materials.
Students may log an additional thirty (30) minutes per school day for time teachers, celebrity/guest readers spend reading to the students as long as they are reading non-text book materials.
TIME SPENT READING OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM IS UNLIMITED.
Any independent reading.
Students may log time spent reading during school, but outside of the classroom (recess, before or after school, etc.)
Any time parents, caregivers, older siblings, or guardians spend reading non-text book material to participating students may be logged.
Any time students spend reading non-text book material to other children or adults may be logged.
Calendar Log Sheets must be given to each participating student to record their minutes read daily. We encourage the kids to post their log sheet on the refrigerator at home or in a prominent place in the classroom! Calendar Logs must be signed by a parent or guardian, and turned into the teacher by, March 2, 2018.
Results must be calculated and submitted on-line by the classroom teacher to the WSBT-TV web site, www.wsbt.com, no later than March 3, 2018. WSBT and challenge administrators will rely on each teacher for the accuracy of results.
Each student that participates in the I Love to Read Challenge will receive, by USPS, a Certificate of Achievement from WSBT-TV.
The decisions of the I Love to Read Challenge administrators will be final.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries, including any required submission, received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including any required submission, become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, which shall be determined in the same manner as the disqualified winner. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.