11-year-old Warsaw boy recognized for calling 911 after home fills with carbon monoxide


    Photo provided

    A seventh grader at Edgewood Middle School in Warsaw was recognized by the Warsaw School Board tonight (Monday) for his life-saving efforts after his home filled with carbon monoxide on February 3.

    Officials say 11-year-old Milind Kumar called 911 and opened windows after his family members started complaining of headaches, dizziness, and vomiting.

    He thought it may be carbon monoxide -- and he was right.

    The cause of the CO leak appears to have been due to a faulty furnace.

    First responders were also on-hand tonight to recognize Kumar for his brave and decisive actions.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...